Do you want to:
- Create characters that jump off the page and hook your reader?
- Turn two-dimensional characters into multi-dimensional human beings?
- Tell stories that your perfect reader can relate to?
- Dig deeper into your characters' backstories, motivations, and beliefs?
- Introduce your characters in an unforgettable way
In this course, we'll explore how you can do all of this and more. We'll delve deep into psychology and what makes us human – so that we can create characters who feel human, too.
Whatever type of stories you tell, this course is jam-packed with ideas, techniques, and activities to help you flesh out your characters – or even create new ones!
- Write about different experiences to yours
- Naming your characters
- Fleshing out secondary and tertiary characters
- Creating chemistry between characters
- Creating positive and negative character arcs that WORK
- What your characters' relationships mean for them – past, present, and future
- How the right language can bring your characters - and world - to life
- Sources of conflict
- How to decide on the consequences and limitations of your character's skills and abilities
Kristina Adams is the author of eleven books – eight fiction and three for writers. She also runs writing blog The Writer's Cookbook, which helps over 35,000 writers a month. She has an MA and a BA in Creative Writing, and has been writing for longer than she cares to remember.
It doesn't matter what genre she writes – readers always comment on how realistic and believable her characters are. And now, she's ready to share her secrets with you.
When she's not writing, thinking about writing, or teaching writing, she's baking, sewing, or spending time with her westie, Millie.
When will the course go live?
How do I know if this course is right for me?
Regardless of what type of fiction you write, this course is designed to get you thinking differently about your characters and how you bring them to life. We'll use psychological techniques that explain what makes us human to do the very same with our characters. There'll also be plenty of tips and activities to keep you thinking and exploring along the way.
What if I change my mind? Is there a refund?
We offer a 14-day money-back guarantee, minus 6% administration costs.