Do you want to:
- Never get stuck on your story again?
- Create characters that jump off the page and hook your reader?
- Turn two-dimensional characters into multi-dimensional human beings?
- Tell stories that your perfect reader can relate to?
- Dig deeper into your characters' backstories, motivations, and beliefs?
- Introduce your characters in an unforgettable way
In this course, we explore how you can do all this and more. We delve deep into psychology and what makes us human – so that we can create characters who feel human, too.
Whatever type of stories you tell, this course is jam-packed with ideas, techniques, and activities to help you flesh out your characters – or even create new ones!
Anyone who wants to write three-dimensional, interesting, believable characters. We use psychological techniques that explain what makes us human to do the very same with our characters.
Courses are taught using a combination of pre-recorded sessions and live workshops. If you can't attend the live recordings, don't worry! You'll get access to the replay.
Anyone who does attend live will get the chance to ask questions about their work-in-progress to solve their character – or plot – problems.
This is a jam-packed course that covers everything from idea generation to refining who your character is.
- Write about different experiences to yours
- Naming your characters
- Fleshing out secondary and tertiary characters
- Creating chemistry between characters
- Creating positive and negative character arcs that WORK
- What your characters' relationships mean for them – past, present, and future
- How the right language can bring your characters – and world – to life
- Sources of conflict
- How to decide on the consequences and limitations of your character's skills and abilities
Kristina Adams is the author of twelve books – nine fiction and three for writers. She also runs writing blog The Writer's Cookbook, which helps over 35,000 writers a month. She has an MA and a BA in Creative Writing, and has been writing for longer than she cares to remember.
It doesn't matter what genre she writes – readers always comment on how realistic and believable her characters are. And now, she's sharing her secrets with you.
When she's not writing, thinking about writing, or teaching writing, she's baking, sewing, or spending time with her westie, Millie.
Clear and engaging
Immediately applicable to my work in progress
It revealed my characters' true feelings
It revealed my characters' true feelings without being direct. Great exercise. It helped me see my other main character is actually jealous of the protagonist. I found the dialogue between the two characters changes over the course of the story, as their level of self-confidence changes.
About Kristina's How to Write Realistic Characters workshop
Kristina has helped me write a coherent and compelling plot as well create realistic characters
Kristina has a caring a passionate approach to what she does. She has helped me to control my need to add every possible idea into my story and to write a coherent and compelling plot as well create realistic characters. She instils confidence into you and helps you wade through the all the negativity that writers put themselves through, helping you find the positives. I highly recommend Kristina as she has a vast publishing history to back up her credentials.
About Kristina's author coaching